Desire to become an official part of The Home Church? Desire to serve? Desire to go on missions? Wondering where to begin?
Take the next Church Membership Class to see if you are ready to become a covenanted church member of THC!
WHEN - Saturday, September 7, 2019 (10am-5pm)
WHERE - Church (1717 S. Otterbein Ave., Rowland Heights, CA, 91748)
COST - Free
* Lunch provided.
* Come prepared with Bible, pen, and a heart eager to learn.
* Note: Taking the class does not mean you are ready to become a covenanted church member. Taking the class means you are interested in becoming a covenanted church member. There have been some that have taken the class, but have not become members.
What is Church Membership?
“For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another.” (Romans 12:4-5)
“For the body does not consist of one member but of many.” (1 Corinthians 12:14)
“It is impossible to be in Christ and not belong to others. A Christian, by definition, has a connection with and a responsibility to other Christians. You cannot claim Christ and avoid his people.” (Sam Allberry)
Church Membership is the formal process for Christians joining The Home Church.
Why is Church Membership a Good Thing?
1. Consumeristic Culture – The reality is that “church-hopping” is very common. When people “pick” and “choose” their churches, jumping back and forth, it makes it increasingly difficult for churches to make an impact for the Kingdom of Jesus.
Church Membership helps in protecting the local church from future pains of people leaving their church for unbiblical reasons.
2. Accountability – In becoming a member, one understands that they want to be officially be part of the local Church.
In Church Membership, you are, willingly, asking for a greater level of expectation than just a normal “Sunday-only-Attender”.
3. Clarity – What does The Home Church believe? If I stay here for a long time, what will be expected of me? What part do I play in THC’s future? How can I pray and serve more effectively? How can I align my gifts in accordance with the mission of The Home Church?
In Church Membership, you learn more about the function and mission of The Home Church and your part in it!
4. Biblical – Plainly said, church membership is simply reinforcing what the New Testament already makes plain when it comes to what it means to “belong” to a Church.
What are the Requirements?
1. Christian – Has professed faith in Jesus to save from sins.
2. Consistent Attendance to THC for at least 3 months.
* If one has not been baptized, you can be at the next “Commitment Celebration” upon completion of the Church Membership class.
4. Continual Commitment to a Family Church.
5. Completion of Church Membership Class.
6. Agree to THC Member Covenant.
7. Completion of Serving Tour.
Sign up below to take the next Church Membership class taught by Pastor Mitchell.