The Church "comes alongside" the parents and equips/encourages them to prioritize the spiritual instruction of their children as their responsibility.
Deuteronomy 6:4-9 -
"4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. 5 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. 6 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts. 7 Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. 8 Tie them as symbols on your hands and bind them on your foreheads. 9 Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates."
WHAT WILL THE CLASS BE ABOUT?
- What the Bible teaches about parenting.
- Practical lessons/training on how to incorporate the gospel into your everyday life.
- A time of encouragement and prayer with one another.
- Instructions on the following weeks of "Parent Commissions"
"Parent Commission" is similar to "Child Dedication" but there are some differences:
1. Parent Commission is the "commissioning" of you, the parents, to share the gospel to your most important "mission field": your family.
2. Parent Commission Classes are for any parent, regardless of a child's age.
3. Parent Commissioning is you making a vow before your church family.
4. Parent Commissioning is also asking the Church to help you in this mission.
If you'd like to read more about what Parent Commissioning is, read this article below.
The class is a one-time class after church on a Sunday.
The first one is Sunday, March 24, after service from 4:00pm-6:30pm
* The cost is: $20 per adult. The costs help offset the price for food and childcare for the class.
* If you are in a season of financial difficulty, email firstname.lastname@example.org & THC will 100% cover your costs.
* We will eat a meal together (parents and children). And then during the class, I am going to ask 2 trusted THC members to watch our children so we can focus during the class.